2017 Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For
The Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) and CarriersEdge announced this year’s 20 Best Fleets to Drive For in 2017 list. The fleets are recognized for providing exemplary work environments for their drivers and other employees.
The 2017 Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For include:
- Bison Transport, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Boyle Transportation, Billerica, Massachusetts
- Central Oregon Trucking Company, Inc., Redmond, Oregon
- Challenger Motor Freight Inc., Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc., Fremont, Nebraska
- FTC Transportation, Inc., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Garner Trucking, Inc., Findlay, Ohio
- Grand Island Express, Inc., Grand Island, Nebraska
- Halvor Lines, Inc., Superior, Wisconsin
- Interstate Distributor Co., Tacoma, Washington
- Kriska Holdings Ltd., Prescott, Ontario, Canada
- Landstar System, Inc., Jacksonville, Florida
- Maverick Transportation, LLC, North Little Rock, Arkansas
- Motor Carrier Service, LLC, Northwood, Ohio
- Nussbaum Transportation, Hudson, Illinois
- ONE For Freight, Milton, Ontario, Canada
- Prime Inc., Springfield, Missouri
- Smokey Point Distributing, Arlington, Washington
- TLD Logistics Services, Inc., Knoxville, Tennessee
- TransPro Freight Systems Ltd., Milton, Ontario, Canada
Two companies, FTC Transportation, Inc., and Halvor Lines, Inc., achieved the milestone of five consecutive years on the Best Fleets list. Motor Carrier Service, LLC, Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc., Landstar System, Inc., and Grand Island Express, Inc. have continued their streaks as Best Fleets, each appearing on the list for over the fifth time.
Five companies were identified as “Fleets to Watch” – honorable mentions for demonstrating innovation in their driver programs:
- Crete Carrier Corp., Lincoln, Nebraska
- Hirschbach Motor Lines, Inc., Dubuque, Iowa
- Kroon Brothers Transport, LLC, Hanover, Pennsylvania
- Paper Transport, Inc., De Pere, Wisconsin
- Transport Corporation of America, Inc., Eagan, Minnesota
Phase two of the contest will divide the highest scoring fleets into small and large fleet categories, from which two overall winners will be selected. These awards are sponsored by EpicVue of Salt Lake City, and Bose Ride of Framingham, Massachusetts.
The overall winners’ names will be announced during TCA’s Annual Convention, March 26-29, at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
To make it into the runnings for the Best Fleets to Drive For in 2017, companies with 10 or more trucks had to receive a nomination from at least one of its owner-operators or company drivers. CarriersEdge also interviewed HR representatives and executives to determine the carriers that scored highest in various categories including health benefits, pensions plans, professional development, compensation, and other criteria.
Are you interested in driving for one of these top companies? Apply to Progressive Truck Driving School to learn how.