Admissions and Payment
- You must be at least 18 years of age to drive a commercial motor vehicle within the state lines & at least 21 years of age to drive a commercial motor vehicle across state lines, carry hazardous materials or transport any passengers.
- You cannot have more than one driver’s license, and your driving privileges cannot be suspended, revoked, cancelled or disqualified.
- You must provide the school with a proof of valid driver license and a copy of recent Motor Vehicle Record.
- You must meet medical requirements of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations or prove that you are not subject to regulations.
- You must be able to pass written tests in English in order to obtain the Instruction Permit at the Secretary of State Office.
- To receive an Illinois driver’s license or ID card, you must provide a minimum of three (3) acceptable forms of identification: name, date of birth, Illinois residency, social security number and signature for comparison.
The above requirements are in addition to the requirements listed in the Secretary of State Study Guide and the Progressive Driver Training Manual.
|A down payment is required with installment payments during the length of the training program. The full balance must be paid prior to graduation. No finance charges apply with this plan.|
|Credit Cards:||We accept: Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.|
|Grants:||We accept state grants as we are a certified training provider under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA)|
|GI Bill:||We are certified by the Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs, State Approving Agency. Qualified Veterans may apply to receive GI Bill Educational benefits.|
|Student Financing:||Student financing is available through Progressive Truck Driving School for those with approved credit ratings. Interest & finance charges will apply.|
|Scholarships:||Military Scholarships available through the Commercial Driver Training Foundation Progressive Truck Driving School Scholarships-student must meet necessary qualifications.|
We offer a discount at the time of registration if the tuition is paid in full prior to the beginning of training.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Progressive Truck Driving School Inc. is committed to equal opportunity in training, development, placement, and financial assistance for all students. Progressive offers equal opportunity to all students regardless of sex, age, race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or handicap.