- You must be at least 18 years of age to drive a commercial motor vehicle within the state lines & at least 21 years of age to drive a commercial motor vehicle across state lines, carry hazardous materials or transport any passengers.
- You cannot have more than one driver’s license, and your driving privileges cannot be suspended, revoked, cancelled or disqualified.
- You must provide the school with a proof of valid driver license and a copy of recent Motor Vehicle Record.
- You must meet medical requirements of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations or prove that you are not subject to regulations.
- You must be able to pass written tests in English in order to obtain the Instruction Permit at the Secretary of State Office.
- To receive an Illinois driver’s license or ID card, you must provide a minimum of three (3 acceptable forms of identification: name, date of birth, Illinois residency, social security number and signature for comparison.
The above requirements are in addition to the requirements listed in the Secretary of State Study Guide and the Progressive Driver Training Manual.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Progressive Truck Driving School Inc. is committed to equal opportunity in training, development, placement, and financial assistance for all students. Progressive offers equal opportunity to all students regardless of sex, age, race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or handicap.