From our friends at Schneider Trucking: Are you considering Schneider for your career after driving school? It can be hard to sift through all the different perspectives, but nobody can explain what it’s like to be a Schneider driver better than an actual Schneider driver. Read below as Schneider Team driver Sharon Nader gives her […]
Progressive Truck Driving School is Chicagoland's premier truck driving school with 50,000+ graduated students. We have three locations to choose from.
Entries by truckadmin
Take a moment to think about your current health status. Are you as healthy as you’d like to be? Could you improve your diet and exercise habits? Is it time to perform a little preventive maintenance? As a driver, you can appreciate the importance of performing regular maintenance on your vehicle. You want that vehicle […]
Safety isn’t just a buzzword in the trucking industry — it’s a lifestyle. It has to be, for a reason more than familiar to military veterans: neglecting safety comes with consequences. Fortunately, veterans transitioning into trucking will find a familiar — and enduring — commitment to safety. The statistics prove it. According to the American […]
1. Integrity A reputable trucking company has a set of core values it lives by and a track record to prove it. Anyone can claim to value safety, but what do the statistics say? Every company boasts respect for drivers, but what do the men and women behind the wheel really say? All carriers strive […]
A regulation which trucking companies claimed was far too restrictive for drivers is now being eased. According to federal rules, the restriction would have required a drivers’ 34-hour restart to include two 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. periods and would limit the use of a 34-hour restart to once per week. The two provisions of […]
Check out some seriously amazing trucks and some really unique paint-jobs. The background music isn’t too bad either. Interested in getting into one of these awesome trucks? Apply for your CDL from Progressive Truck School.
2014 was an important year for truckers. Here are some of the highlights that made truck driving a great career in 2014. 3. Pay Increased Significantly for Truck Drivers Many of the country’s largest retailers released ad campaigns in 2014 to advertise new compensation packages for skilled drivers. Wal-Mart was one of the larger advertisers, […]
Check out these seriously skilled drivers: Interested in a career in trucking? Apply to Progressive Truck School!
5. Great Pay Driver compensation is on as a steady increase as the demand for skilled drivers increases. Retailers and trucking companies are offering increasingly high bonuses, annual pay, and benefits packages to attract truckers to their fleet. Now is a great time to earn a salary that is significantly higher than the national average. […]
In an amazing feat of trucking technology, Daimler has released its Future Truck 2025, a truck that can drive itself while allowing its driver can be much more productive and safer behind the wheel. The truck is designed to constantly communicate with surrounding vehicles and objects to allow multiple vehicles to travel closely together. The […]
- […] Apply […]January 9, 2015 - 7:23 pm by Video: Awesome Trucks | Blog | Progressive Truck Driving School
- […] Apply […]December 30, 2014 - 4:47 pm by Looking Back at 2014: 3 Highlights for Truckers | Blog | Progressive Truck School
- […] Apply […]December 26, 2014 - 4:53 pm by Video: Seriously Skilled Drivers | Blog | Progressive Truck School
- […] Apply […]December 19, 2014 - 5:17 pm by 5 Advantages to Being a Trucker | Blog | Progressive Truck
- 2017 Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive ForFebruary 1, 2017 - 4:01 pm
The Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) and CarriersEdge announced this year’s 20 Best Fleets to Drive For in 2017 list. The fleets are recognized for providing exemplary work environments for their drivers and other employees. The 2017 Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For include: Bison Transport, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Boyle Transportation, Billerica, Massachusetts Central Oregon […]
- New Study Confirms That Veterans Make for Great Truck DriversNovember 29, 2016 - 3:04 pm
Independent research conducted by Omnitracs confirms that veterans make for excellent truck drivers. The data revealed a few key data points: for instance veterans had 42 percent fewer accidents than non-veteran drivers, veterans achieved 98 percent more miles driven, and veterans had 59 percent fewer voluntary terminations and 68 percent fewer involuntary terminations. According to […]